Why change is important


imagesNobody likes changes, we all know that. Who wants to leave the cosy comfortable life that one has got accustomed to so well and start all over again, almost no one. Be their job, the city they live or anything else. Change helps us grow, someone who has never experienced change doesn’t get to explore what exists on the other side of the world.

I have travelled quite a few places during my life. And believe me, every city that I lived in has taught me important lessons of life that has helped me grow stronger.

The other day a colleague mentioned how most people in his team where he worked before had been with the company for 20years. People often think that just because they have been at a particular place for a long time makes them special. The answer is no, when almost 80% of the team quit hoping it would bring down the company they were wrong. Instead the remaining 20% were asked to leave as well. It’s better for the company to bring a fresh new team than tolerate the attitude of old ones.

Not just work, if you stay too long at a place you lose interest, you take it for granted. You don’t grow, you are stagnant in terms of growth culturally, mentally and intellectually. Imagine living in a small town all your life, you will never know what its like to live in a fast paced city.

Change also helps you explore the other side of your comfort zone. It makes you test how far you are willing to take risks as well as succeed. You discover a whole new person inside you that you never knew existed. You meet new people, discover different cuisine, culture and most important you learn. Sometimes you may fail, but that is part of your learning process, unless you fail you will never discover the formula for success.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s